Update: 30/03/2020 9:00am
In recent days you would have seen our Coronavirus (COVID-19) update posted to our social media and website in relation to how we as part of the community are trying to minimize the spread of this virus.
In addition to this, we would like to update you on the impact this virus is having on our business and how it may impact yours in the future.
As many of our suppliers and equipment manufacturers are either US or Japanese based, the COVID-19 may have an impact on our ability to source parts and equipment for your business. At this stage Governments around the world are allowing agricultural suppliers and manufacturers to operate but it is an ever-changing environment.
Our mission has always been to make a positive and significant contribution to our customers operations, so we will be working hard to ensure we can supply you with the parts and equipment you need. We do appreciate your patience and understanding during this period.
The sharp decline of the Australian dollar against the USD is another potential impact, with some of our US based equipment manufacturers and suppliers already flagging the possibility of future price rises to offset this.
Given this period of uncertainty, as well as the potential for price rises in the future – it is important you consider your future parts and equipment needs now before supply is constrained or prices have risen.
The Australian Government has recently introduced a tax incentive in the form of an instant asset write off for purchases of up to $150,000. There is also a separate incentive in place for purchases above $150,000. Your tax advisor is the best person to speak with regarding this opportunity.
These significant incentives, together with potential price rises and an uncertain supply, means that it is now incredibly important for you consider with urgency what your future (1-2 years) needs are.
We have taken several necessary steps to ensure that our team stands ready to assist you, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Update: 24/03/2020 2:30pm
To our valued customers,
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having a significant impact on our community and on many business operations including our own.
Sunrise Ag is taking the risk to our staff, customers and community seriously and are doing what we can to prevent further spread of COVID-19.
We understand that you may have concerns around the impact this could have on our ability to provide you with the sales, parts and service you have come to rely upon.
To continue operating under the new social distancing rules and recommended best practices, we have put in place the following preventative measures:
- Branch Changes
- Our branches and internal departments are limiting their interaction with each other
- We have also limited the number of people in rooms at any one time
- All regularly used doors (including customer entrances) are propped open
- Please abide by social distancing rules as directed by our staff
- Parts Sales
- Our parts counters are still open but with some extra safety measures
- A line of tape has been set out in front of our parts counter to indicate where it is safe to stand while interacting with our parts staff
- We encourage placing orders by phone where possible
- Machinery Sales
- Our sales staff are still available to discuss your machinery needs
- Please adhere to social distancing laws and ensure you keep 1.5m from them
- Our workshop staff are to be contacted via phone only
- No customers/visitors may enter the workshop
- Field Service
- Please respect social distancing rules and allow our staff to work in isolation at your properties
- Our staff are equipped with gloves and have been instructed to keep a safe distance from other on-farm personnel
Sunrise Ag is committed to supporting our customers through this challenging period and believe that through our customers we are providing an essential service to the community. Our customers are supplying food to the world at a time when it is needed most.
We all have an obligation to do our part to support the community through this period of uncertainty. If you are not one of our customers, we still stand ready to support your farming operation.
Please continue to monitor our website and Facebook page for any further developments.