Sunrise Ag, Swan Hill Kubota and Growers Services (The Group) is an accredited Case IH and Kubota farm machinery group of dealerships that operates in Ouyen, Mildura, Swan Hill, Berri and Renmark. The Group has been in business since 1946, and our mission is to make a significant contribution to the success of our client’s business operations by providing them with the very best products, service and support. The Group currently employs approximately 120 staff.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our expanding team, based out of our Mildura Head Office. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the purpose of this role is to ensure that all business activities, across all branches, are performing optimally in line with company policies and industry best practises. The role will focus on internal controls and management of our operational departments, being workshop, parts and general branch management.
Key responsibilities are to
- Co-ordinate the workings of all departments in all branches
- Ensure operational efficiencies in the workshop, spare parts and general branch operations
- Review branch data and key performance indicators to improve performance
- Contribute to the business direction and strategies to achieve growth and sustainability objectives
- Facilitate regular meetings with staff in the development and implementation of strategic plans for operational excellence
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the workforce and drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Lead internal projects and deliver on specific objectives
- Enhance inter-department and branch relations, overseeing meeting formats and delivery
- Ensure staff behaviours are aligned to our key values
- Travel regularly to our other branches located in Renmark, Berri, Swan Hill and Ouyen.
To be successful you will have
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building
- The ability to think innovatively, aligned with our continuous improvement of process
- Ability to manage teams across multiple locations
- Time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines in a demanding fast paced environment
- Agricultural industry knowledge and ability to learn
- Solid analytical and computer skills
- Ability to work with diversity and varying demands
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work autonomously
You will need to have a hands-on approach, be a team player, not be afraid to challenge existing thinking, be resilient, have a sense of urgency and be responsive to both external and internal customers. We are looking for a person with high accuracy and a keen eye for details. You should have good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
The role is a full-time permanent position with Salary commensurate with the successful applicants’ skills and experience.
Applications close Friday the 6th of March 2020. Please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria, to email@example.com